VAP News > 26th April 2016: VAP’s 2015 Annual Get Together
We are organising our Annual Get Together, on Friday 2 October at 6:30 pm, for all returning or soon-to-be VAP volunteers to meet up with like-minded people, discuss interesting topics, get ideas for your next volunteering adventure, or just find out more about what VAP does if you’re still considering getting involved.
As well as providing the chance to share experiences and ideas informally, the programme for the event will include:
• A presentation on the Migration Museum Project – a project aiming to open the UK’s first specialised museum with a positive approach to the theme of migration.
• A presentation by Better World Cameroon – a VAP partner organisation focused on sustainable agriculture and cross-cultural education.
• An overview of the “Raising Peace” campaign – an initiative organised by the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service to ensure that peace and human rights remain at the heart of the volunteering projects that organisations like VAP are involved in.
• News from VAP’s latest orientation weekend for volunteers and camp coordinators, including a short video made by a former volunteer.
• A screening of the short anti-militarist film “The Unseen March”, followed by discussion.
We’ll also be holding our Annual General Meeting – a chance for you to find out exactly what VAP has been up to this year and have your say in where we’re headed next.
The event will once again be held at The Gallery, 77 Cowcross Street, London EC1M 6EL. It’s a one-minute walk from Farringdon station, on the Metropolitan, Circle, Hammersmith and City and Thameslink lines.
See you there!